Setting up the PSCAD V5 Free Edition
The PSCAD V5 Free Edition may be run on a Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 10 64-bit, with an Internet connection. The following information may be used to set up your software and licensing.
Please note that PSCAD V5 is not supported on Windows 32-bit.
Please proceed as follows:
- Coming soon: System requirements for this setup.
- Pre-requisite: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8. Obtain this in either of the following manners:
- On this webpage, scroll down and download from the following link:
- Download from here.
- If you do not already have a MyCentre user account, set one up as per Step 2 of this document.
- If MyUpdater is not already installed on your machine, set this up as per this article.
The Update Client ("MyUpdater") is normally used for installing the PSCAD Free Edition as well as required GFortran compilers.
- Install the PSCAD Free Edition using MyUpdater. Also install one or both of the GFortran compilers, as a Fortran compiler is required for building your PSCAD projects.
Some corporate networks block MyUpdater activities. If you encounter any MyUpdater login or installation issues, please see this article for troubleshooting suggestions.
- Log out then log back in on your machine.
- Launch "MyUpdater" from your Windows Start menu, log in to myUpdater, then use MyUpdater to launch the PSCAD Free Edition.
- Test your compiling environment as per this article. If there are no build errors, then your software is ready for developing your own projects.
Resources for becoming familiar with using this software may be viewed from this webpage.
About this License
This license is permanent, and when activated, will check out a temporary certificate on your computer. This certificate may be returned to our server when you exit PSCAD, or it may be retained for a four-week period that is refreshed whenever PSCAD is launched with an internet connection.
We hope you enjoy using this software. If you have any questions on setup or usage, please contact our Support Desk (email@example.com). To expedite assistance, please ensure to include your licensing information in your support request as listed in this document.