As creators of the world-renowned PSCAD™ simulation software, we have extensive experience in power systems planning and operational studies using various software tools, such as PSCAD, PSS/E, DSA Power Tools, ETAP, CYME, Risk_A, and more. Services are provided to utilities, consultants, industrial clients, equipment manufacturers, and industry leaders. We work closely with research and academic organizations, owners and operators of utilities, as well as regulators. We at MHI have a unique advantage and understanding of simulation studies many other engineering service providers don’t have.
We offer our clients an array of solutions in the following areas:
- Load flow, short circuit, and dynamic studies:
- System planning studies;
- Operational planning studies (short term planning);
- Transfer limits;
- System impact studies (HVDC, wind, solar).
- FACTs-based solutions;
- Sub-synchronous resonance (SSR);
- System restoration (black start) studies;
- Power quality - harmonic, flicker;
- Transmission line field effects and corona analysis;
- Custom model development.