The PSCAD Automation Library (AL) was developed in Python to interface with PSCAD and is available to all licensed users of PSCAD at no additional cost.
This library interface allows users to call PSCAD functions from a custom script as follows:
A simple user-created Python script can provide full control over the PSCAD program and the projects themselves. Some features that may be scripted include:
- Starting PSCAD;
- Loading workspaces, projects, and libraries;
- Running simulations;
- Batch running more than one simulation at a time;
- Changing workspace and project settings;
- Changing component parameters;
- Changing transmission line and cable parameters;
- Organizing output data;
- Generating simple reports.
- Windows operating system 64-bit (Vista SP1 or later) with an internet connection;
- PSCAD version 4.6.1 or later.
Downloads and documentation are as follows:
- Download: This Automation Library is installed alongside PSCAD V5.
Contact email@example.com to request a download for PSCAD V5 (ensure to include your license number in your request).
- Help Files
- Knowledge Base articles and examples
For over 35 years, we have been committed to providing the exceptional level of technical support that you are accustomed to. Our PSCAD Technical Support Team is composed of over 20 dedicated engineers who are ready to assist you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.