FACE provides faster solutions for determining the overall corona and field effects of high voltage AC, DC, or AC/DC hybrid transmission lines, such as:
- Corona loss;
- Audible noise;
- Radio interference;
- Magnetic and static electric fields;
- Ionized fields, ion charges, and ion currents.
FACE calculates the audible noises and corona losses using empirical formulas developed by industry standards. It computes radio interferences with the semi-analytical method, where generating functions available in the literature have been implemented as a user-selectable parameter. A frequency-domain model analysis technique is utilized to rigorously examine the effects of transmission line geometrics.
The charge-free fields are calculated by the methods of successive images. Ionized fields at and above ground plane for DC, as well as AC/DC hybrid cases, are computed by implementing an algorithm for non-linear two-point initial value problems.
Features and benefits
- User-friendly and intuitive GUI;
- Analyzes the fields and corona effects for AC, DC, and AC/DC hybrid transmission line;
- Evaluates the lateral profiles of the field and corona effects in a user-selectable manner;
- Calculates corona loss versus rain rates ranging from 0 to 20 mm/hr;
- Higher-order successive image method for calculating conductor surface gradients;
- Demonstrates ionized electric fields under Deutsch’s assumption;
- Allows customizability with measuring height.
For more information and pricing, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org