Setting up PSCAD and Lock-Based, Local Self-Licensing
In this setup, PSCAD, the compiler, and the lock-based licensing are installed on the same machine.
1. For Setting Up the Licensing
What You Will Need
- The associated USB lock and License.txt file:
If you do not have the license file, this file can be requested from the MHI Sales Desk.
- The License Manager Software:
This is only required if the license has two or more PSCAD seats.
If there is only one seat, please do not install the License Manager.
The latest download is posted here.
- System Requirements:
The PSCAD machine must meet the system requirements for using lock-based local self-licensing, and for using the License Manager (if used), as listed in Charts 4.2, 4.3 and 5 of the posted document.
- If the license has two or more seats, install the License Manager as per the instructions listed in this article.
- If the license database file was not intalled as part of the above step, install the file as per instructions in this article.
- Securely plug in the USB lock.
2. For setting up the PSCAD Software
What You Will Need
- The PSCAD software:
The download is normally obtained through the user's MyCentre user account.
If not, please send an email from your facility's domain to the MHI Sales Desk to request that the download be added to your account.
- Third-party Fortran compiling software:
Compiling software is required, for building your PSCAD projects before they can be run.
Two free GFortran compilers come bundled with the PSCAD installer, and separately as per this article.
Or, you can use an Intel compiler/Microsoft Visual Studio combination to build your projects.
Further details are available from this article.
- System requirements:
The PSCAD machine must meet the system requirements for installing and running PSCAD, as listed in Charts 1, 2, and 3 of the posted document.
- Install and license your software as per the Quick Start document posted to this article.
- Test your compiler setup as per this article.
If you have any setup questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.