I Cannot Display my Build and Run Panes
Here are some tips for displaying your Build and Run panes:
Ensure the panes are selected for display in View | Panes:
Check whether the panes are hidden behind other panes.
Check whether the panes are tabbed to one of the sides of the application. If so, click on the tab, then click on the pin to pin it into place:
Check whether the panes are collapsed at the very bottom of your screen. If so, they can be restored by using “drag and drop” to bring them back up:Move your cursor to the bottom of the application, until the cursor appears as double parallel lines and arrows (see below), left-click and hold, then drag the mouse upwards.
Restore your default user settings using the Medic Utility: (or see Step 6 to do this manually)
- Close all instances of PSCAD.
- Download the latest “FortranMedic” from our website: http://updater.pscad.com/utilities/FortranMedic.zip
- Unzip the downloaded file, save it to a local drive, and run the FortranMedic.exe file.
- Click on the Actions menu and select Start.
- In the Medic results, scroll down to the PSCAD installation, for example v4.6.3 64-bit, right-click on the “Dockable pane settings”, and select the option to restore the panes:
- Restart PSCAD. Your default settings should be restored, and your panes displayed.
6. Restore your default user settings manually:
Close all instances of PSCAD.
Display the Windows Registry Editor (from the Windows Start menu, open “regedit”).
Windows Administrator privileges are not required for this.
In the Registry Editor, browse to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software | Manitoba HVDC Research Centre | PSCAD | <version> | Workspace
Restart PSCAD. Your default settings should be restored, and your panes displayed.