Type 3 Wind Turbine Generators (WTG) (for PSCAD v4.6)
Last date verified: November 21, 2018
In this example:
- Average and detailed models of type-3 wind turbine are presented
- The mechanical components such as pitch controller and wind turbine are modeled and described;
- The electrical components are modeled and described;
- The electrical components contain: rotor-side converter and controller, grid-side converter and controllers, DC-link system including chopper, low pass filter, crowbar protection;
- A scaling component is presented that can model a number of wind turbine units as an aggregated model to simulate one unit or a wind farm of several units.