An issue affecting PSCAD v4.2.1 users running in self-licensing mode (i.e. no License Manager utility installed) has emerged starting January 1, 2015. As of January 1, 2015, PSCAD v4.2.1 will no longer be able to employ self-licensing; however, it will work with the License Manager.
The solution is to install and use the License Manager normally used for Multi-User Licensing.
We sincerely regret any inconvenience this issue may have caused.
Please note that version v4.2.1 was released in 2006, and users are strongly encouraged to upgrade their PSCAD application to v4.5.4, which was released in December 2014.
Required Actions to resolve the v4.2.1 licensing issue:
On the machine(s) which you were running PSCAD 4.2.1 in using self-licensing mode, please do the following:
1) Shut down all instances of PSCAD
2) Download the latest License Manager from this link: http://updater.pscad.com/utilities/LM135.zip
3) Unzip the files into some temporary folder
4) Right click on setup.exe and select Run as administrator
5) When prompted to install/update any licenses (see image below), select No – don’t install/update any licenses, and the License Manager will use the same licenses previously used by PSCAD self-licensing.
Thank you for your understanding.
Should you have questions, please contact us.