The wait is over! We are pleased to announce the release of PSCAD Version 5 (V5) to clients with active Software Maintenance.
In this new era, PSCAD V5 harnesses the power of parallel computing, enables powerflow data migration, and permits full application automation via scripting. These new features ensure that the simulation of large electric networks, is faster and more efficient than ever!
- Faster simulations with new enhancements;
- All updated features;
- New Python Automation scripting with recording;
- New Blackbox controls and electrical components;
- New Master Library components;
- For a full list of all our new features and additions, please click here;
- Download the PSCAD V5 brochure here;
- New PSCAD V5 feature videos can be viewed here;
- System Specifications and Requirements for PSCAD V5 can be viewed here.
- Convert PSS/E or PowerFactory to PSCAD;
- Define a study area with a Network Equivalence;
- Import Dynamics/Sequence data/Single Line Diagram coordinates;
- Download the PRSIM brochure here.
- Data support for PSCAD/PSSE/RTDS/COMTRADE/CSV;
- FFT analysis tools;
- Python Automation scripting with recording;
- Download the Enerplot brochure here;
- New Enerplot video can be viewed here.
PSCAD users with active software maintenance are eligible for this upgrade for a fraction of the cost and can choose from the Base Package or the Enhanced Package (which includes PRSIM and Enerplot).
How to purchase V5
Clients with active Software Maintenance can request a quotation to upgrade their PSCAD license(s) to V5 or purchase a new license. Please send the information outlined in this document to our Sales Team and we will be happy to assist.
PSCAD V5 will be released to all other PSCAD clients including research and academic organizations on March 3, 2020 and update instructions will follow via email.
We sincerely thank you for your continued support of PSCAD!