Simple Solar Farm
Last updated August 15, 2021
In this example:
- A power plant controller (PPC) is implemented that controls the overall operations of the generation plant at the point of connection (POC).
- The PV array generates a maximum power of 0.25MW at the nominal irradition of 1000W/m2 and nominal temperature of 28 degrees C.
- A boost converter controls the DC voltage or obtain the maximum power point tracking (MPPT).
- The main power electronic component i.e. DC-AC inverter controls the active and reactive powers.
- A scaling component is introduced to model a number of inverters as an aggregated model to simulate one unit or a solar farm of several units.